The Women’s Rural Advocacy Programs, Inc. (WRAP) was established to:
- Provide emergency housing, support groups, educational activities, information and referral services for battered women and their children.
- Seek to eliminate the roots of violence by confronting sexism, racism, classism, homophobia, ageism, and albinism within ourselves and the socio-economic and political systems.
- Act both as personal and group advocates on behalf of women.
- Develop and maintain associations with health, social service, law enforcement, criminal justice, and legal service providers, with the objective of alleviating the problem of domestic violence.
- Provide community education, volunteer opportunities, and training on domestic violence and related issues.